Model 3 | Model S | Model X | Roadster
- Tesla News: NTSB Rules Autopilot is Safe & Gigafactory Opens Autopilot Is Safe
The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has ruled that Autopilot is safe. So safe, that it performs 40% better than the average driver. Tesla’s Autopilot has been under intense scrutiny since a fatal crash occurred in May of 2016. The investigation into the crash turned out to be a positive for Tesla, once ...
- Tesla News: Charging Station Fees & Model S P100D Ludicrous Update Tesla News
New Price Sets For Charging Station Fees
Tesla confirmed the amounts for their new charging station fees. The charges will be based on electricity costs in specific areas, as well as station maintenances. Musk wants to be clear on one important point, Tesla is “only aiming to recover a portion of our costs and set ...
- Tesla News: Tesla Supercharger Parking Fee & Tesla vs Michigan Tesla Introduces Supercharger Parking Fee
Due to overcrowding in urban areas, Tesla has introduced a supercharger parking fee. EV owners have a long standing habit of needlessly parking their cars in charging stalls. Though this has been a minor issue in the past, many more consumers are driving electric cars these days. Imagine pulling up to ...
- Tesla News: Tesla Recalls Charging Adapters Tesla Recalls Their Charging Adapters
Tesla recalls their charging adapters due to risk of melting. Here is the recall notice taken directly from Tesla’s site:
NEMA 14-30, 10-30, 6-50 Adapter Recall
Because safety is our top priority at Tesla, we want to inform you of an action we’re voluntarily taking to recall a small number of charging ...
- The Pros and Cons of Tesla’s Model S & Model X Windshields Model S & Model X Windshields – Pros and Cons
The Model S and Model X Windshields have long been a hot topic. Tesla’s ambitious diversion from the standard automobile windshield has been both lauded and heavily criticized. Tesla highlights the extensive view, while some consumers are dissatisfied with their windshield. Common reports indicate there is ...
- Tesla News: Watchdog Is Against Autopilot & No More Grey Option Consumer Watchdog Is Against Autopilot
Consumer Watchdog, located in Santa Monica, CA, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing an effective voice for consumers. On December 1st, 2016 they published a highly critical piece on Tesla’s Autopilot, adding to the growing list of consumer organizations that have renounced Autopilot. Of note is the fact that Consumer ...
- Tesla News: Model S Update – Apparel – Consumer Reports Again Tesla Model S Update
Elon Musk informed the world via tweet that the Model S will be receiving another update soon:
Looks like the Model S P100D Easter egg will allow it to do 0 to 60 mph in 2.4 sec and a 10.6 sec 1/4 mile via software update next month
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 16, 2016
- Tesla News: Model 3 Reveal in Spring & Board OKs Solar City Plan Model 3 Reveal Set For Spring
The “3rd Stage” Model 3 Reveal is set for spring. Elon Musk made the declaration at the tail end of a shareholders meeting regarding Solar City plans. With spring only a few short months away, Tesla fans are brimming with excitement. This 3rd stage reveal should be the final piece ...
- Tesla News: Tesla Makes A Profit – Consumer Reports Criticizes Tesla Tesla Makes a Profit In The Third Quarter
Tesla makes a profit in the third quarter. This is welcome news for Tesla enthusiasts and most of all, for Elon Musk. Realizing that morale was down after Tesla published a 17% profit decline this year, Elon pushed cost cutting measures and increased output. Bloomberg quotes him as ...
- Tesla News: Fully Self Driving Teslas Arrive The New Self Driving Teslas
In a press release dated October 19th, 2016, Tesla announced to the world that all Tesla cars will now come stock with full self driving hardware. Check out some informative snippets about the new self driving Teslas from the press release below:
From Tesla’s Blog:
“We are excited to announce that, as of ...