From Tesla’s website:
HONED FOR PERFORMANCE
Introducing a car so advanced it sets the new standard for premium performance. At the heart of the vehicle is the proven Tesla powertrain, delivering both unprecedented range and a thrilling drive experience.
THE 21ST CENTURY POWERTRAIN
Unlike the internal combustion engine with hundreds of moving pieces that spark, pump, belch, and groan, the Tesla motor has only one moving piece: the rotor. As a result, Model S acceleration is instantaneous, like flipping a switch. Hit the accelerator. In 5.4 seconds, Model S is traveling 60 miles per hour, without hesitation and without a drop of gasoline.
AGILITY AND GRACE
The Model S suspension system was developed for the unique architecture of Model S. It works in harmony with the rigid and light Tesla platform to provide precision handling and optimum comfort. Unencumbered by an engine, the lightweight front suspension optimizes wheel control. The rear multi-link suspension is designed to seamlessly integrate with the powertrain.
ACTIVE AIR SUSPENSION
Much more than a great ride and handling package, the Active Air Suspension combines automatic advantages with on-demand features. As Model S accelerates, it lowers the vehicle for optimized aerodynamics and increased range. Use the touchscreen to raise or lower Model S when traversing thick snow or pulling into steep driveways.
MODEL S PERFORMANCE
Model S Performance takes electric performance to the next level. Equipped with the 85 kilowatt-hour battery and a high performance drive inverter, Model S Performance accelerates to 60 miles per hour in 4.2 seconds. If driven the same way as Model S, both cars achieve the same efficiency thanks to the unique powertrain design. Model S Performance features an interior replete with Alcantara and carbon fiber accents.
Model S sets the bar for electric driving range. Model S is offered with three battery options, each delivering unprecedented range. All three batteries are contained within the same enclosure, integrating with the vehicle in the same way, providing structural, aerodynamic, and handling advantages. All three batteries use automotive-grade lithium-ion cells arranged for optimum energy density, thermal management, and safety.
PLUG IN ANYWHERE
Model S comes standard with everything you need to plug into the most common 240-volt outlet, standard 120-volt wall outlets and public stations. Using a high-amperage 240-volt outlet, Model S can be recharged at the rate of 100 km range per hour. A fifty-percent charge in thirty minutes can be achieved with a Tesla Supercharger.
MORE THAN A POWER SOURCE
The battery is a rigid, high-performance structure in its own right. But when married to the state-of-the-art body structure, Model S achieves even higher torsional rigidity and a lower center of gravity. The battery itself is designed for safety. Liquid-cooled, the battery maintains consistent temperatures to prevent cells from overheating. In the event of a crash, the battery structure protects cells from impact and automatically disconnects the power supply. The battery not only protects its contents, but its position augments the overall strength of the passenger cabin.
- NTSB Concludes Study of the First Tesla Model S Crash Fatality The First Tesla Model S Crash In May of 2016 the first Tesla Model S crash fatality occurred. The NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) released preliminary reports of the crash, stating that Tesla’s Autopilot was engaged at the time. This was the first fatality recorded in a Tesla Model S and it raised many questions, the ...
- Tune in to YouTube for Tesla Racing Videos – Watch Tesla Beat Modern Muscle Cars Tesla Racing Videos Tesla Racing Channel on YouTube features Tesla racing videos against their gas guzzling competitors. Watch the Tesla P100D beat out a high performance fully upgraded Corvette, Camaro, nitrous truck and many more. https://youtu.be/upHDadCvorY
- Tesla News: Tesla Launches the New Zealand Model S & 1st Peek of the Model 3’s Tesla Launches the New Zealand Model S Tesla has officially launched the New Zealand Model S. This video, designed to mark the occasion, features new Model S along the backdrop of beautiful New Zealand. https://youtu.be/E4DrF9X1-Cs First Peek At the New Model 3s Several new outlets, including Bloomberg, are displaying pictures taken outside of the Tesla plant in Fremont California. ...
- Watch Tesla Crash Test the Model S – The Safest Car on the Road Tesla Crash Tests They claim to have the safest car on the road, how do you think these Tesla crash tests measure up? Watch this fascinating video of Tesla’s team safety testing the Model S. https://youtu.be/oNRPTsD0BLE
- Tesla News: Model S Explodes in Accident and Metal-Air Battery Patent Approved Tesla Model S Explodes on Impact Casey Speckman from Indianapolis was driving her boss Kevin McCarthy’s Model S when she swerved to avoid another car. She hit a tree and a parking garage. Soon after, the Model S explodes, with battery packs still exploding when first responders arrive. Though Casey was heavily intoxicated at the time, ...
- Tesla News: Charging Station Fees & Model S P100D Ludicrous Update Tesla News New Price Sets For Charging Station Fees Tesla confirmed the amounts for their new charging station fees. The charges will be based on electricity costs in specific areas, as well as station maintenances. Musk wants to be clear on one important point, Tesla is “only aiming to recover a portion of our costs and set ...
- The Pros and Cons of Tesla’s Model S & Model X Windshields Model S & Model X Windshields – Pros and Cons The Model S and Model X Windshields have long been a hot topic. Tesla’s ambitious diversion from the standard automobile windshield has been both lauded and heavily criticized. Tesla highlights the extensive view, while some consumers are dissatisfied with their windshield. Common reports indicate there is ...
- Tesla News: Model S Update – Apparel – Consumer Reports Again Tesla Model S Update Elon Musk informed the world via tweet that the Model S will be receiving another update soon: Looks like the Model S P100D Easter egg will allow it to do 0 to 60 mph in 2.4 sec and a 10.6 sec 1/4 mile via software update next month — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 16, 2016 New ...
- Tesla News: P90D Ludicrous Eliminated & Model 3 Supply Deal Confirmed Tesla Eliminates P90D Ludicrous Consumers are no longer able to choose P90D Ludicrous mode on their Model S or Model X. Now that P100D Ludicrous is available, Tesla does not feel the need to offer lesser, or median, options. Does this decision leave consumers feeling like they have to make a definitive choice of all or ...
- The Tesla Model S P100D – The Fastest Production Car The New Tesla Model S P100D The Tesla Model S P100D is now the third fastest production car in the world. The vehicle can now reach 60mph within 2.5 seconds. This would be greatly impressive in a gas guzzling sports car, but in an electric sedan its history making. See the official press release from Tesla here: The Model ...