From Tesla’s website:
HONED FOR PERFORMANCE
Introducing a car so advanced it sets the new standard for premium performance. At the heart of the vehicle is the proven Tesla powertrain, delivering both unprecedented range and a thrilling drive experience.
THE 21ST CENTURY POWERTRAIN
Unlike the internal combustion engine with hundreds of moving pieces that spark, pump, belch, and groan, the Tesla motor has only one moving piece: the rotor. As a result, Model S acceleration is instantaneous, like flipping a switch. Hit the accelerator. In 5.4 seconds, Model S is traveling 60 miles per hour, without hesitation and without a drop of gasoline.
AGILITY AND GRACE
The Model S suspension system was developed for the unique architecture of Model S. It works in harmony with the rigid and light Tesla platform to provide precision handling and optimum comfort. Unencumbered by an engine, the lightweight front suspension optimizes wheel control. The rear multi-link suspension is designed to seamlessly integrate with the powertrain.
ACTIVE AIR SUSPENSION
Much more than a great ride and handling package, the Active Air Suspension combines automatic advantages with on-demand features. As Model S accelerates, it lowers the vehicle for optimized aerodynamics and increased range. Use the touchscreen to raise or lower Model S when traversing thick snow or pulling into steep driveways.
MODEL S PERFORMANCE
Model S Performance takes electric performance to the next level. Equipped with the 85 kilowatt-hour battery and a high performance drive inverter, Model S Performance accelerates to 60 miles per hour in 4.2 seconds. If driven the same way as Model S, both cars achieve the same efficiency thanks to the unique powertrain design. Model S Performance features an interior replete with Alcantara and carbon fiber accents.
Model S sets the bar for electric driving range. Model S is offered with three battery options, each delivering unprecedented range. All three batteries are contained within the same enclosure, integrating with the vehicle in the same way, providing structural, aerodynamic, and handling advantages. All three batteries use automotive-grade lithium-ion cells arranged for optimum energy density, thermal management, and safety.
PLUG IN ANYWHERE
Model S comes standard with everything you need to plug into the most common 240-volt outlet, standard 120-volt wall outlets and public stations. Using a high-amperage 240-volt outlet, Model S can be recharged at the rate of 100 km range per hour. A fifty-percent charge in thirty minutes can be achieved with a Tesla Supercharger.
MORE THAN A POWER SOURCE
The battery is a rigid, high-performance structure in its own right. But when married to the state-of-the-art body structure, Model S achieves even higher torsional rigidity and a lower center of gravity. The battery itself is designed for safety. Liquid-cooled, the battery maintains consistent temperatures to prevent cells from overheating. In the event of a crash, the battery structure protects cells from impact and automatically disconnects the power supply. The battery not only protects its contents, but its position augments the overall strength of the passenger cabin.
- The Top 10 Electric Cars of 2018 – EV Concepts and Production Cars Top 10 Electric Cars of 2018 Every year gets more exciting as electric cars find their place in the modern world and this year is no exception. We are seeing above standard vehicles in the electric division and competition is heating up as automakers scramble to keep up with emission regulations. Here are the top 10 ...
- Watch the Model X P100D Race Against a Lamborghini and Set a World Record Model X P100D Sets World Record Watch the Model X P100D and a Lamborghini Aventador battle it out on the 1/4 mile. The Model X sets a world record and holds its own next to the Lamborghini. It was a close race but watch who takes it off the line. https://youtu.be/_NnNEuxqoPo
- Rimac Concept One vs LaFerrari & Tesla P90D – Supercars Compete Off the Line Rimac Concept One vs LaFerrari Watch the Concept One vs LaFerrari and Tesla’s P90D. All three compete off the line to show their strength. Who will be the winner? Check it out! https://youtu.be/eT7KKxoAvvk
- Tesla Owners Italia Breaks the Record for Longest Distance on a Single Charge Tesla Owners Italia Breaks Record and Barriers Tesla Owners Italia, and Tesla, broke the record for longest distance traveled on a single charge. The Model S P100D traveled 1078km (669mi), far more than the previous record set in June of 911km (566mi). Tesla is now officially the first car company to build an all electric model ...
- Tesla News: First Model 3’s Delivered and Tesla Commercial Contest Winner First 30 Model 3’s Delivered The first 30 Model 3’s delivered at Tesla headquarters in Fremont, CA on Friday were met with great anticipation and a rocking’ party. The occasion started off with an inside look at the company, followed by a video tour of the new Gigafactory, still under construction in Las Vegas. Tesla CEO ...
- NTSB Concludes Study of the First Tesla Model S Crash Fatality The First Tesla Model S Crash In May of 2016 the first Tesla Model S crash fatality occurred. The NTSB (National Transportation Safety Board) released preliminary reports of the crash, stating that Tesla’s Autopilot was engaged at the time. This was the first fatality recorded in a Tesla Model S and it raised many questions, the ...
- Tune in to YouTube for Tesla Racing Videos – Watch Tesla Beat Modern Muscle Cars Tesla Racing Videos Tesla Racing Channel on YouTube features Tesla racing videos against their gas guzzling competitors. Watch the Tesla P100D beat out a high performance fully upgraded Corvette, Camaro, nitrous truck and many more. https://youtu.be/upHDadCvorY
- Tesla News: Tesla Launches the New Zealand Model S & 1st Peek of the Model 3’s Tesla Launches the New Zealand Model S Tesla has officially launched the New Zealand Model S. This video, designed to mark the occasion, features new Model S along the backdrop of beautiful New Zealand. https://youtu.be/E4DrF9X1-Cs First Peek At the New Model 3s Several new outlets, including Bloomberg, are displaying pictures taken outside of the Tesla plant in Fremont California. ...
- Watch Tesla Crash Test the Model S – The Safest Car on the Road Tesla Crash Tests They claim to have the safest car on the road, how do you think these Tesla crash tests measure up? Watch this fascinating video of Tesla’s team safety testing the Model S. https://youtu.be/oNRPTsD0BLE
- Tesla News: Model S Explodes in Accident and Metal-Air Battery Patent Approved Tesla Model S Explodes on Impact Casey Speckman from Indianapolis was driving her boss Kevin McCarthy’s Model S when she swerved to avoid another car. She hit a tree and a parking garage. Soon after, the Model S explodes, with battery packs still exploding when first responders arrive. Though Casey was heavily intoxicated at the time, ...