THE KOENIGSEGG REGERA
The Koenigsegg Regera was first unveiled at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show. It utilizes Koenigsegg Direct Drive “KDD”. With the KDD they are able to produce a supercar that has 1100 more horsepower than a Tesla P85D, yet weighs 1300lbs less. Christian Koenigsegg has pioneered this technology out of a desire to eliminate the wasted space and weight that he sees in traditional gear shifts. The result is a super efficient hybrid supercar, though he hates the term, that combines the best of both worlds. Koenigsegg has created a vehicle that has that gas powered sound that so many crave, but is even lighter than its competition, the Porsche 918.
The Koenigsegg Regera goes from 0-60mph in 2.8 seconds and reaches about 120mph in 6.6 seconds. The electric motors take advantage of an 800-volt liquid cooled battery pack developed by Rimac Automobili. Koenigsegg will only be manufacturing 80 Regeras.
Here is more information from Koenigsegg’s website:
THE REGERA – A NEW ERA
The Regera was created as a luxury Megacar alternative to Koenigsegg’s traditional extreme, light weight, race-like road cars. Even though the One:1 and the Agera RS have surprising levels of practicality, creature comforts and features, their primary focus is, and has always been, to be the overall fastest cars on the planet – around a racetrack or anywhere else.
Regera is Swedish for “to Reign” – a suitable name for a machine that offers a never seen before combination of power, responsiveness and luxury – a true Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde persona.
In spite of all its advanced technology and creature comforts, the Regera is comparatively light. Therefore, it can still perform competitively around a race circuit. The only Hyper/Megacar that we think could possibly be faster around a circuit is another Koenigsegg.
The Regera will reign as the king of the open road – as the fastest accelerating, most powerful production car ever.
The Regera will be handcrafted in only 80 examples, a suitable production run for Koenigsegg´s newly upgraded and refurbished production facility.
With the introduction of the Regera, Koenigsegg will, for the first time ever, have two parallel models in production.
THE HEART OF THE MATTER
The heart and soul of every Koenigsegg is its Internal Combustion Engine – the ICE. The ICE of the Regera follows the path of its siblings, based on the proven and extremely reliable Koenigsegg drysumped twin turbo, DOHC, 5.0 liter V8.
As before, the Koenigsegg V8 is the most downsized homologated production ICE in the world, with 220 Hp per liter engine (using regular pump gas). The compactness of the engine makes the Regera nimble, efficient and lightweight.
The difference to the Agera engine is that, given the electric propulsion of the Direct Drive system, we did not have to go as extreme on ICE power, as the combined output is way over 1500 Hp and over 2000 Nm torque, anyway. Given this we could install even smaller, faster spooling turbos on the Regera, further enhancing the ICE drivability and response.
A NEW LEVEL OF LUXURY
Koenigsegg developed a completely new rear sub frame and rear structure that allows the engine and transmission to rest on active soft mounts. When driving in normal conditions, the mounts stay soft and isolate engine noise and vibrations. When driving spirited, the mounts firm up to solidify the car and give greater response. The shock absorbers are active in height and stiffness – again allowing for the bi-polar behavior.
Furthermore, the Regera can be driven in absolute silence, as it is possible to go into full EV mode for shorter periods of time.
THE WORLD’S FIRST FULLY FOLDABLE, ACTIVE, TOP-MOUNTED REAR WING
The Koenigsegg One:1 featured the world’s first top mounted active rear wing. This was an innovative solution that maximized down force compared to its size and weight.
The Regera, being more luxury oriented, has taken this solution to the next level, allowing the wing also to fully fold down into the body work enhancing the cars elegance while parking and reducing drag while cruising. The wing´s active foldable mechanism, is a lightweight work of carbon fiber art and the movement is truly mesmerizing.
Sporting a unique exhaust-note, the Regera has a custom designed, sound tuned titanium system jointly developed by Akrapovic.
As many of you have heard, Christian is not a fan of hybrids, as they are generally compromised when it comes to weight, complexity, cost, packaging and efficiency.
Given this, the Regera is not what we at Koenigsegg would call a hybrid, as it does not have the traditional shortcomings of a hybrid. Instead, the Regera is a new breed of Koenigsegg – and car for that matter.
- 1100 Hp of combustion engine power on 91 octane DIN or 95 octane RON (a bit more on E85)
- 1250 Nm of combustion engine torque
- 700 Hp of electric propulsion
- 900 Nm of electric torque
- 9 kWh 620 Volt, flooded liquid cooled battery pack
- Over 1500 BHp or 1.11 MW
- Over 2000 Nm of torque
- Dry weight 1420 kg
- 1628 kg curb weight (including all liquids and full fuel tank)
- Foldable active rear wing (top mounted)
- Active independent front flaps
- Active ride height front and rear
- Active damping
- Total down force at 250 km/h 450Kg
- Carbon fiber with aluminum honeycomb,
- with centrally integrated fuel tank and
- battery storage
- Monocoque torsional rigidity: 65,000 Nm/
- Weight including tanks: 75 kg
- Electronically adjustable ride height, fully
- independent per wheel
- Fully machined aircraft aluminum
- uprights, with SKF LeMans specification
- 150mm angle contact ball bearings
- GKN hollow/gun-drilled drive shafts,
- Koenigsegg Z-style progressive and lightweight anti-roll bars front and rear
- Koenigsegg Engine Control Module
- (K-ECM) with full OBD II for both ICE and ED
- Koenigsegg Direct Drive (KDD)
- Front: – Ventilated ceramic discs Ø397 mm, 40 mm wide 6-piston
- Rear: – Ventilated ceramic discs Ø380 mm, 34 mm wide 4-piston
- Koenigsegg calipers with ceramic pistons
- Koenigsegg calipers
- 3 settings Wet – Normal – Track
ELECTRONIC STABILITY SYSTEM
- Koenigsegg Electronic Stability Control (KES) with 3 settings Wet – Normal – Track
- Koenigsegg 2nd generation Aircore™ Superlight carbon fiber wheels with centre locking
- Front: 19” x 9.75”
- Rear: 20” x 12.5”
- Dedicated Michelin Supersport
- Unidirectional with asymmetric thread pattern
- Front: 275/35 – 19” (Y)
- Rear: 345/30 – 20” (Y)
- Optional dedicated Michelin Cup2 tires
- Two-door, two seater with removable structural hardtop stowable under the front hood
- Body made from pre-impregnated carbon fiber/kevlar and lightweight sandwich reinforcements
- Total length: 4560 mm
- Total width: 2050 mm
- Total height: 1110 mm
- Low speed ground clearance: 105 mm
- Track mode ground clearance: 85 mm
- Front lifting system activated: 150 mm
- Wheelbase: 2662 mm
- Fuel capacity: 82 litres
- Luggage compartment: 150 litres
- Dry weight 1420kg (Curb weight 1628 kg)
COMBUSTION ENGINE – ICE
- Koenigsegg twin turbo aluminum 5,0L V8,
- 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead
- camshafts, dry sump lubrication
- Compression: 9.3:1
- Bore: 92 mm Stroke: 95.25 mm
- Twin ceramic ball bearing turbo chargers
- with Koenigsegg patented backpressure
- reduction system, 1.4 bar boost pressure
- Active hydraulic engine mounts
- Dry sump lubrication
- Carbon fiber intake manifold with optimi-
- zed intake tracts
- Total engine weight: 189 kg
- Power output – Premium gasoline –
- 820kW (1100Hp) at 7800 rpm – redline at
- 8250 rpm
- Torque: 1000 Nm from 2700 to 6170 rpm
- Max torque – 1280 Nm at 4100 rpm
- One 300Nm/160kW Crank mounted
- Two 260Nm/180kW Driveshaft mounted
- motors (one per rear wheel)
- Combined continuous electric propulsion
- 820Nm and 520kW
- 9.27 kWh liquid cooled battery pack.
- 50 km pure electric drive range on full
- charge (EU only)
- All batteries are charged from the com-
- bustion engine or through Type 2 mode
- 3 charging at the center rear of the car
- (behind number plate)
- 3 kW onboard charger
TOTAL PROPULSION – ICE + ED
- 1,11 MW/1500 hp
- Smart airbags, detachable storable hardtop with lightweight roof, power windows, robotized and soft closing hoods and doors. Adjustable pedals and steering column, leather interior with Regera style stitching, electronically 6-way adjustable carbon sport seats with memory foam, carbon ceramic brakes with Sport ABS, KES (stability), Active Chassis with hydraulic lifting system, Satnav, LifePo4 battery, MP3 player, Apple CarPlay, USB connection, climate control, digital warning and info system, G sensor, alarm, tyre monitoring system, leather carpets, roof storage bag, car cover, electric handbrake, power folding wing mirrors, Titanium exhaust system.